Saturday, April 11, 2009

proof


DSC_05042
Originally uploaded by little papoose
So the wedding went great!!
I actually had more fun then i thought taking pics ...
I do love taking pictures. I am by no means "professional" at it though. Although in the past year i have learned a lot more about it and am excited to keep learning!
ok back to the wedding.. hehe
It was fun! we drove down to Indiana in about a 3 and a half hours.. long trip. The two oldest watches movies on the way down and the baby amused herself pretty well thankfully. We arrived a bit too early to check into our hotel so i had to stop by my grammas house for a quick 10min. change!
... kisses at the door as i ran in and a brief hello as i went straight to her bedroom. Strip down, throw on dress, run to bathroom to pee... stop for a quick hair check and put on some powder and chapstick. ok.. looking halfway decent.. run back out to slip into my black heels grab my pile of clothes... kisses on the way out.. ohyeah and a spin for my grampa.. "do i look like an adult grampa?" i ask as he give me a big "whoa lookin good"!! "hell no!!" he sais .. i laugh kiss him goodbye and run back out the door.
drive to the church took about 10min. I run in and ask if im in the right place... i am .. whew!
They point to a door down the hall and i go in. I found my cousin there just about to put on her undergarments. hehe i grab the camera !! gotta love that im family AND the photographer.. i get all the best shots ;)
I have an awsome one of her getting the dress on.. it involves me and her under the dress as 3 people are holding it above her head and her arms are up and ready... youll have to trust me THIS was an awesome shot! ;) hehe
So i get pics of the girls getting their dresses on and all that that entails.. then i head out to give a hug to the groom and explain what i shall be doing. The pastor talks with me telling me i have "free reign" of where i want to go... and that i can have anything "recreated" if needed.. im so far loving this because.. lets face it ..who wouldnt ! hehe
So as the wedding begins i suddenly notice that the skirt and heels probably werent the best idea. Squatting with your knees together is quite hard especially in high high heels.. (i was about 5"2" in those babies!) but i pull it off ok without flashing anyone!! wahoo.. i glance over to my uncle who is lauging at me cause hes watching to see if i will lose my balance or worse yet...give someone a show ;) haha
but no i did ok and then i realized that i could also just get down on my knees and that works fairly well.. although , yes rug burn can be not so fun.. I get the pics i want and try my best not to be a part of the ceremony. My aunt tells me i did well as they all pile out of the sanctuary and that she giggles at me sneaking about on my knees behind this half wall thingy they had. hah
I took a bunch of pic as folks mingled. Then i was informed that i should go get folks for pictures of the bride and fam. ect. OK so thats where i kinda had to take charge.. dont get me wrong i do well at managing people.. but being family it was kinda odd and funny all at once..
I then announced i needed certain people in the the sanctuary.. everyone filed up and went. hehe. good stuff. I got to direct everyone where i wanted them to stand. i did my best to make sure that straps werent falling and peoples eyes were open. I got some funny shots as well which is quite fitting for the couple and the family involved. So i am pleased.
Reception goes pretty good as well. I got bubbles flying and people running in. i got the crowd involved as well which was just soo much fun.. "ok everyone when they come in i want you to blow bubbles like crazy!! ...ready...go" hahaha and they did!! i loved it.
I went around from table to table getting great shots and laughing and mingling with folks. I do quite well under pressure ..yould never know im not really a "people person" haha. I have a love hate relationship with being social.. but i prevail and makes folks laugh and say cheese and whatnot.
End of the night.. i finally got to put the camera down for a quick dance with my hubby...awwww ! I know it sounds romantice..but no. my # 2 jumps in between us, whines, and goes limp . hahah ok so hubby holds her in one arm and on arm still on me.. totally awkward. ! But my aunt gets a pic of us. and thats that. We head to the hotel ..
by now my feet are numb. and im unaware of the pain my legs will feel the next day.
We get to the hotel.. strip everyone down and jump into our pjs. !! aaahhh time to relax.. wait no. we are in a tiny room with a pullout couch bed for my oldest two and the playpen i opened up for baby.. who now has to sleep halfway in the bathroom so as not to be woken by the two girls who wont sleep. aaaaahhhh
"go to bed" i say in the best mom voice i can muster. after hubby ran out and got me some gross fast food to eat, We turn off the lights and my body is oh so tired. I try to sleep but no... hubbys snoring, girls are tossing and turning. Baby wakes up twice in the wee hours of the AM. ... Finally rest comes... i sleep a whole 3 hours and then the girls are running around our bed. haha
Then we get ready to go home. !!

3 comments:

Angela said...

whew! I am tired from just reading all of that!! Sounds like a great time!

mooshoo said...

hahahaha...i know i kinda rambled huh? hehe

RanaMuck said...

I'm so happy you were there and got all the great shots! My cousin just got married and had the WORST photographer. Luckily I was there just taking photos for fun and got all the great shots the photographer missed (i.e. the kiss shot!). I'm not pro wedding photographer either. Sometimes I think it takes heart+skills doesn't it? I'm going to help her redo a bunch of shots too. She's gonna get dressed up again so I can do her bride photos that she should have gotten.